“So today when I came to the spring, I prayed this prayer: O Lord, God of my master, Abraham, please give me success on this mission.”
Genesis 24:42 NLT
Abraham’s servant was clear on something; only God could make him fulfill his mission successfully.
Of course, this does not mean sitting back and expecting everything “to be fallen from the sky” without any effort.
The success of the servant of Abraham was preceded by concrete actions:
- He knew how to follow instructions; he did not do what he wanted.
- Embarked on a long and arduous journey of searching, he did not expect Rebekah coming toward him.
- Established selection criteria and observed, did not use the law of least effort.
- Was working to sell his mission to Rebekah’s family, he did what was necessary, for she to make the decision.
- But most importantly, he prayed that God give him success in his mission never thought that success would be for the many gifts he was carrying.
Recognizing that our success depends on God is the first step to be more than winners in the goals that we set.
As we enter 2014 is a good time to pray to God for us to succeed in our mission.
© David García Licona – January 2014