Long and prosperous life
“Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous? Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies! Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.”
(Psalms 34:12-14 NTL)
If we want to live a life that is long and prosperous we must:
- Stop speaking evil of others. If you’re going to talk not good things about another person, the best you can do is shut up.
- Stop telling lies. Not self-deceive us, there are no lies of colors, little or big. All that is not true is a lie.
- Away from evil. This implies an action from our part, we have two options: closer or move away from evil, and both the decision is ours, because no one pushes forward evil.
- Do good. Stay away from evil means approach to the good, and when we move in that direction we just look at doing what is right for ourselves and for others.
- Search for peace. Search is not a trying to get something in a timid way; seek is to strive, is to do our best to get something; and when we try we are not shy, we are braves.
© CAYADO Consultancy – August 2013