“But not the wicked! They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind. They will be condemned at the time of judgment. Sinners will have no place among the godly. For the Lord watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.”
Nobody in this world is her/his right mind wants to fail in life; in fact, that is the excuse that many use to justify their evil, because doing evil, trying to live well. However, God warns us what awaits those who let evil guide their life:
- They will not remain. Today they are, but tomorrow nobody remembers them, they disappear into the crowd.
- They will give account. Not will escape the fact of answering for their actions, as a Pastor express it plainly: “Nobody will be too clever than God.”
- Nothing can save them. Many put their hope in money, but in the Day of Judgment, your bank account will not help you.
- Will be excluded. Will not participate in the gathering of those who have decided to please God and do well, to whom God has promised to care.
- Will fail. We mentioned that those who obey God “will prosper in all they do”; but those who disobey and persist in doing evil “leads to destruction.”
Then the decision is ours, to seek happiness and prosperity, or to lead toward destruction?
© David García Licona – August 2013